In the first seven months of 2019, 2.04 million tourists visited Serbia, which is 5% more compared to the same period last year, according to the Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia.
Of the total number of tourists, 1.7 million were local guests, which is a 6% growth compared to the same period in 2018, whereas the number of foreign visitors jumped by 5% to 970,699, the Serbian Tourist Board said.
The number of overnight stays has also grown by 6% to 5.68 million.
When it comes to overnight stays, local guests stayed at spas the most (37%), followed by mountain resorts (36%), whereas the foreigners stayed in Belgrade the most, followed by Novi Sad, Kopaonik, Zlatibor, Vrnjacka Banja and Sokobanja.
In terms of locations, most local tourists spent their vacation on the Zlatibor, in Vrnjacka Banja, Sokobanja and on the Kopaonik.
When it comes to foreign tourists, the largest number of overnight stays in the January-July period was realized by tourists from Bosnia and Herzegovina, followed by tourists from China, Montenegro, Turkey and Russia.
There’s been a considerable growth in the number of tourists from China, by 51%. The number of overnight stays by tourists from Russia grew by 40%, from Germany by 21%, from Croatia by 17%, from Bosnia and Herzegovina by 15% and from Turkey by 14%.
Source; Serbian Monitor
- Serbia to sign free trade zone agreement with EAEU on October 25
- Serbia: Chinese Zidjin on pollution – We work with the outdated technology
- In the event of a shortage, Serbia would have oil only for ten days
- Serbia's gig jobs gagging for a rejig
- China's Huawei eyes development of data centre in Serbia
- "As early as of December, the average salary will amount to 500 euros"
- Energy companies dominate Serbia’s economy
- Who is investing more in Serbia - China or the European Union?
- Turkish stream: We are already welding pipes, while Bulgarians have not even started
- Favourite state "foreigners" employing undeclared workers