A rich gold deposit was found in eastern Serbia, News
At the location of Čoka Rakita in the municipality of Žagubica, about three kilometers southeast of the Timok Gold Project, a rich gold deposit was found, the preliminary dimensions of which are 500x250x80 meters, the Ministry of Mining and Energy announced.
As stated, the preliminary results of technological tests show that it is possible to produce a pure gold concentrate, with a total utilization of gold greater than 93 percent.
The Minister of Mining and Energy, Dubravka Đedović, said on that occasion that the potential reserves are significant in terms of the amount of ore and gold content, which in the future can be of great importance for the economy of the entire country, especially for the region of Eastern Serbia.
“What should be noted is that the project is in the research phase, that it is necessary to confirm these good results through new research, and after that prepare a study that will verify the resources and reserves,” said Đedović.
The results of research carried out in the previous period are encouraging in terms of results with high gold content, as well as the possibility of obtaining it through the flotation process and later the metallurgical process.
According to Đedović, this potential deposit gives additional value to the deposits that have already been detected at the Timok project near Žagubica, which is being implemented by the Canadian company Dundee Precious Metals INC, which announced the news about the new gold deposit.
“This discovery is also significant from the perspective of a potential significant increase in gold ore resources and reserves in Serbia,” the minister stated and pointed out that the mentioned results represent a significant step forward in the knowledge of the geology of the deposits, but they do not yet mean the opening of a mine.
During this process, she points out, the reliability of information about the deposit and all other factors gradually increases, which is in favor of Serbia and its prosperity.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 9, 2023 20 years of Microsoft in Serbia
- June 9, 2023 What does the withdrawal of the Draft Law on Business Companies mean for Serbia?
- June 9, 2023 Serbia, Returning inflation to a downward trajectory is a priority