ADM has opened a new extrusion facility in Serbia, News
One year after acquiring SojaProtein, a European provider of non-GMO soy ingredients, Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM) has opened a new extrusion facility in Serbia.
The facility will expand ADM’s footprint in Europe and extend its production of non-GMO textured soy to include origination and extrusion capabilities.
“Our new extrusion facility not only increases the supply of locally sourced, non-GMO textured soy protein in Europe, which is in high demand, it also matches the pace of the incredible expansion of the meat alternatives category in the EMEA region,” said Leticia Gonçalves, president of Global Foods at ADM. “The growth in EMEA, showing a market value of $3 billion at the end of 2021 and an anticipated CAGR of 11.8% between 2021 and 2026, is astounding. With our 75+ years of experience developing tailored protein nutrition solutions now bolstered by both our expert colleagues at SojaProtein and our facility, we’re now even better suited to support our customers’ growth and innovation in the category.”
Unique to the European region, ADM will now offer both origination and extrusion capabilities, which is made possible due to 90% of the soy sourced grown within 100 kilometers of the facility, enabling a local supply chain.
“In just under a year, our operational synergies with SojaProtein have made massive strides to meet demand for non-GMO soy protein,” Ms. Gonçalves said. “We’ll see continued growth with the broader protein solutions toolbox and improved R&D capabilities through the opening of our facility. The ingenuity of the new plant provides advanced extrusion and texturizing equipment, delivering optimized and flexible solutions, ultimately allowing for unmatched speed-to-market for our customers to create in-demand textured plant-based protein offerings with a delicious bite and chew.”
The facility opening builds upon ADM’s extrusion and texturized capacities in North America, in addition to the company’s recently announced substantial investment of $300 million to expand its Decatur, Ill., alternative protein production, as well as the planned opening of a new Protein Innovation Center.
“Our protein capabilities and production capacity continue to grow, and this new facility increases our extrusion capacity in the European region,” Ms. Gonçalves said. “We’re proud to continue the advancement of the alternative protein space for EMEA and around the globe, and our new extrusion facility in Serbia is a significant contributor to this progress today and into the future”, Food Business News writes.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects