The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management announced on Friday that an agro business forum will be organised soon in Israel.
It will gather the leading Israeli companies in the field of agriculture and food industry, as well as the most renowned agricultural producers from that country and Serbia, the Serbian government said on its website.
During the visit of Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management Branislav Nedimovic to Israel an agreement was made to organise this forum.
The aim of the forum is making business deals of manufacture of agricultural products in Serbia and their export to the markets with high purchasing power.
Nedimovic agreed with Israeli Minister of Agriculture Uri Ariel to make an agreement on free trade in agricultural products between the two countries.
During the visit, the Serbian delegation agreed cooperation with four Israeli companies in the field of slaughtering industry, berries processing and flower growing, which will invest €30 million in Serbia, according to a statement from the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management.
- Macroeconomic conditions see "major improvement"
- EBRD's first investment in local currency bond in Serbia
- Serbia's Erste bank raises 3.5 billion dinars via 2-yr bond sale
- Notable performance of Serbian arms industry in Abu Dhabi
- Coca-Cola to acquire Bambi in Serbia for EUR 260 million
- Improvement of food quality and safety in Serbia
- Partnership with VINCI "strategically important" for Serbia
- "2018 record year for Serbian tourism" - driven by Chinese
- Permit issued to build Serbia's tallest building
- Serbia picks Lazard-led consortium to advise on major bank sale