Alibaba’s Jack Ma invited to visit Serbia, News
Belgrade Mayor Sinisa Mali has presented the city’s development potentials and projects to the governor of China’s Zhejiang province, Yuan Jiajun.
The city administration said in a statement that Mali “pointed out that in this sense, excellent cooperation with investors and companies from China already exists.”
Mali and Yuan also spoke about establishing stronger relations between the Chinese province and the City of Belgrade, and about Chinese investments in the Serbian capital, while the mayor pointed out that the city finds it important to cooperate “with every province and every city” as well as it does with Beijing and Shanghai.
“I took the opportunity to invite the founder and president of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma – on behalf of the president of the Republic of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic – to come to Belgrade, to share with us his experiences, and there was also talk about setting up a Chinese trade distribution center, which would be a regional hub,” said Mali.
The meeting also touched on cooperation in the field of tourism, trade, IT sector and agriculture, while the interlocutors “agreed that there is a particularly notable improvement in tourism cooperation, especially after the abolition of visas.”
It was also agreed to present Belgrade at the Tourism Fair in the Zhejiang province.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects