British companies are interested in increasing their presence in Serbia’s mining sector, according to British Ambassador to Serbia Denis Keefe.
The Serbian government said on its website that Keefe told this to Mining and Energy Minister Aleksandar Antic during their meeting in Beglrade on Wednesday.
Keefe said that currently two British companies, Mineco and Metalfer, achieve good results and underlined that he sees mining as a great opportunity for intensifying cooperation with Serbia.
He added that a conference on mining will be held in Belgrade in October, at which Great Britain will participate.
Antic said that there is space for cooperation in the field of renewable energy sources and pointed out that the Ministry of Mining and Energy will give support to British companies that want to implement projects in cooperation with local companies, both in the field of geological research and energy.
- Balkan must-sees focus of Serbia's int'l tourism fair
- Serbia Completes Successful IMF Program
- Serbia to extend deadline for opening RTB Bor privatisation tender
- Serbia invests $US 20m to cut speed restrictions and upgrade lines
- Bulgarian Tourists in Serbia have Increased Threefold for the Last 10 Years
- Serbia's central bank to buy euros to stem dinar gains - cbank governor
- Serbia to open for traffic Obrenovac-Ljig motorway section in H1
- PM on her government's road infrastructure piorities
- Lesaffre acquires Alltech’s yeast extract facility in Serbia
- Serbia – Bulgaria line modernisation agreement signed