British companies are interested in increasing their presence in Serbia’s mining sector, according to British Ambassador to Serbia Denis Keefe.
The Serbian government said on its website that Keefe told this to Mining and Energy Minister Aleksandar Antic during their meeting in Beglrade on Wednesday.
Keefe said that currently two British companies, Mineco and Metalfer, achieve good results and underlined that he sees mining as a great opportunity for intensifying cooperation with Serbia.
He added that a conference on mining will be held in Belgrade in October, at which Great Britain will participate.
Antic said that there is space for cooperation in the field of renewable energy sources and pointed out that the Ministry of Mining and Energy will give support to British companies that want to implement projects in cooperation with local companies, both in the field of geological research and energy.
- Romania's Whyttest opens office in Serbia
- Czech PPF acquires Serbia's Telenor banka
- Tender for first radar system for hail protection to be announced soon
- Chinese fund readies billion-euro project in Serbia
- Germans open factory in Serbia, employ 2,500 workers
- Serbia and IMF agree on PCI program
- PM brings together large companies and startups
- Americans interested in building highway in Serbia
- Germany's Lidl launches logistics center near Belgrade
- IMF delegation visiting Serbia