Ride-sharing service Car:Go is welcome to work in Serbia, but must be registered according to the law, says Transport Minister Zorana Mihajlovic.
“I hear that Car:Go is shutting down, and then that it isn’t. All applications are welcome, we have Yandex that’s working, but fist they must register based on the Law on Road Transport, instead of illegally transporting passengers,” Mihajlovic told Prva TV.
Car:Go announced a few days ago that it would continue to work even after the proposed amendments to the said law have been adopted.
Previously, the company’s director Vuk Guberinic told b92.net that if the amendments are adopted, Car:Go will have to shut down.
Guberinic told Prva TV that the new legislation bans any firm that is not a licensed taxi company.
- EBRD invests EUR 395mn in Serbia in 2018
- Russian bank's loan to Serbia's state-owned telcom
- EU not fighting against Serbia or China - PM
- Serbia to stop subsidizing trade and hotel industry
- Serbia asks for exemption from new EU steel import cap
- Serbia and World Steel Association have different stats
- Serbia to sign 230 mln euro deal with Russia's RZD Intl for railway infrastructure works
- Aptiv Packard factory opened in southern Serbia
- Serbia has world's highest crude steel production increase
- Chinese company to buy Serbian bus manufacturer