China, Serbia sign memorandum to begin FTA negotiations, News
China and Serbia signed a memorandum of understanding on Wednesday to start negotiations on a free trade agreement between the two countries, the Ministry of Commerce announced.
The signing of the document came on the heels of a meeting between China’s Commerce Minister Wang Wentao and Serbia’s Minister of Domestic and Foreign Trade Tomislav Momirovic that occurred the same day, according to a statement from the commerce ministry.
During the meeting, the two ministers exchanged views on deepening bilateral economic and trade cooperation, and Wang said that Serbia is China’s “ironclad friend.”
In recent years, China and Serbia have proactively cooperated with each other to jointly build the Belt and Road Initiative, and their economic and trade cooperation has continuously deepened, setting a model of cooperation between China and Central and Eastern European countries, Wang said.
China is willing to take a chance on the FTA negotiations to further promote bilateral trade and investment liberalization and facilitation and tap the potentials of economic and trade cooperation between the two countries, in order to enhance China-Serbia economic and trade cooperation in all aspects and inject more impetus to deepening the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries, Wang added.
Momirovic said that Serbia has made cooperation with China a priority for its economic development. Trade between the two countries has developed rapidly in recent years, and Serbia’s exports to China have seen fast growth, while the two countries have also achieved fruitful cooperation in investment and infrastructure.
FTA between Serbia and China will create a favorable environment and provide a strong guarantee for the development of bilateral economic and trade cooperation, and Serbia is willing to work with China to promote the FTA negotiations, Momirovic said.
Source: China Daily
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?