The management of Kragujevac-based Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Serbia has received unofficial information from Fiat’s Turin headquarters that a potential FCA-Renault merger would have no substantial effect on the Serbian car factory’s plan of operations until 2022, Belgrade’s Vecernje novosti daily reported.
The readiness of assembly lines for series production of a new car model will be checked as early as end-2019 to enable full-capacity production from 2020.
Production parameters for a new model have been checked on the Kragujevac assembly lines on several occasions and if the checks are anything to go by, FIAT plans to manufacture an SUV at the factory, Novosti said.
The car will most likely be based on the Punto or the Tipo model, the report also said.
- Chinese firm to connect Serbia's capital with new highway
- Mihajlovic: „Serbian highways by world standards’’
- Serbia leads global greenfield investment index
- Mahan Air Reconnects Serbia To Iran
- Serbia to Spend as Much as 12 Billion Euros on Infrastructure
- Toyo expands in Europe with new R&D center; plans to build Serbia factory
- Government again gives 21 million euro to Air Serbia
- The Old Railway station is being reconstructed
- Budapest Airport gains Nis connection with Air Serbia
- Air Serbia continues consolidation drive