France’s Mecafor to open car parts plant in Serbia on Thursday, News
French company Mecafor, a unit of Grupe La Fonte Ardennaise, is set to open a plant for the production of car parts in the northern Serbian city of Kikinda on Thursday, local media reported on Wednesday.
Mecafor has invested some 4 million euro ($4.4 million) in the factory and will employ 80 people, news agency Beta reported.
The construction of the factory began in April on a 4 ha piece of land which the company purchased for 30 million dinars ($267,800/243,800 euro).
Mecafor is among the three largest European manufacturer of metal parts for the automotive industry and employs about 120,000 workers in several factories throughout the world.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects