Free trade agreement with China can strengthen the Serbian economy from the bottom up, News
Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic said on Saturday that the free trade agreement with China, which, according to Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, should be concluded by the end of the year, could “strengthen” the Serbian economy “from the roots”.
Stating that in 2021, Serbia achieved a record export to China of almost a billion dollars, the Prime Minister estimated that with the free trade agreement, exports from Serbia to that country could be tenfold in a “very short time”, Beta reports.
“Even without the free trade agreement, we have achieved an incredible level of trade exchange with China, only last year the export was 157 percent higher than in 2020, and compared to 10 years ago, it increased 152 times. “With the agreement on free trade with China, only the sky is the limit for our economy,” said the Prime Minister in Mladenovac, where she visited the local high school.
She assessed that Vučić’s visit to China and his fifth direct meeting with the President of that country, Xi Jinping, is an indicator of the respect that Beijing has for Belgrade.
“Extremely important visit and important talks with President Xi, who is one of the two or three most important world leaders, which is a special part for Serbia,” the Prime Minister stated, Biznis writes.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 25, 2023 Serbia, Daily turnover of the Stock Exchange 11.1 million dinars
- March 25, 2023 The plan is to develop the Pannonian Corridor project in order to strengthen the transmission system of Serbia and Hungary