Lidl will open its first stores in Serbia by the end of the year, Lidl Srbija Director Tomislav Sapina said on Tuesday.
Sapina spoke at the opening of the German supermarket chain’s logistics center in Nova Pazova, near Belgrade.
According to him, Lidl will be the fist discount chain in Serbia, whose presence will improve the retail sector in the country.
Sapina also said that the company currently employs 500 people in Serbia, but that this number will grow once the stores open in Belgrade and a dozen other cities.
- Russian bank's loan to Serbia's state-owned telcom
- EU not fighting against Serbia or China - PM
- Serbia to stop subsidizing trade and hotel industry
- Serbia asks for exemption from new EU steel import cap
- Serbia and World Steel Association have different stats
- Serbia to sign 230 mln euro deal with Russia's RZD Intl for railway infrastructure works
- Aptiv Packard factory opened in southern Serbia
- Serbia has world's highest crude steel production increase
- Chinese company to buy Serbian bus manufacturer
- World Bank revises growth forecast for Serbia