Lidl will open its first stores in Serbia by the end of the year, Lidl Srbija Director Tomislav Sapina said on Tuesday.
Sapina spoke at the opening of the German supermarket chain’s logistics center in Nova Pazova, near Belgrade.
According to him, Lidl will be the fist discount chain in Serbia, whose presence will improve the retail sector in the country.
Sapina also said that the company currently employs 500 people in Serbia, but that this number will grow once the stores open in Belgrade and a dozen other cities.
- Belgrade's Nikola Tesla Airport posts Q1 2019 profit
- Zero compromise in fight against grey economy
- Business Serbia invites investors to buy stake in Komercijalna Banka
- PM praises Chinese company's performance in Serbia
- Wages could grow further, president says after IMF meeting
- Corridor 10's southern arm completed in Serbia
- There's still chance Volkswagen could come to Serbia - PM
- IMF praises Serbia for attracting foreign investments
- Indian-owned IMT shows new tractors
- Serbia to invest 30.3 mln euro in Jajinci - Mala Krsna rail line overhaul