Lidl will open its first stores in Serbia by the end of the year, Lidl Srbija Director Tomislav Sapina said on Tuesday.
Sapina spoke at the opening of the German supermarket chain’s logistics center in Nova Pazova, near Belgrade.
According to him, Lidl will be the fist discount chain in Serbia, whose presence will improve the retail sector in the country.
Sapina also said that the company currently employs 500 people in Serbia, but that this number will grow once the stores open in Belgrade and a dozen other cities.
- Romania's Whyttest opens office in Serbia
- Czech PPF acquires Serbia's Telenor banka
- Tender for first radar system for hail protection to be announced soon
- Chinese fund readies billion-euro project in Serbia
- Germans open factory in Serbia, employ 2,500 workers
- Serbia and IMF agree on PCI program
- PM brings together large companies and startups
- Americans interested in building highway in Serbia
- IMF delegation visiting Serbia
- IMF mission to visit Serbia June 11-13 for talks on new arrangement