Gov’t officials talk with Mubadala management, Market News & Opportunities
The Serbian government is committed to realizing future joint projects with the Mubadala company from the United Arab Emirates, Serbia’s First Deputy Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic said during a meeting with the firm’s management.
The Serbian government will give full backing to the projects with the aim of speeding up the process of cooperation in the IT sector, Vucic said, the government’s media office announced.
“That is of strategic importance for our country,” Vucic said at the meeting, in which outgoing Finance Minister Mladjan Dinkic also took part.
The Serbian officials and Mubadala management talked about cooperation in the IT sector and projects that precede the building of a chip factory in Belgrade, the release reads.
The first phase will be the construction of an IT research and development center that will hire Serbian scientists and engineers, with the investment in the research and development project amounting to several hundred million dollars, the release adds.
Mubadala’s other proposal refers to the building of a plant that will produce sophisticated parts for the aviation industry.
Serbia is our second homeland. We did not come here to set conditions, but to present proposals for partnership. We came to give you ideas and back you. That is what real friends are for, Mubadala CEO Waleed Al Mokarrab Al Muhairi stressed.
“Mubadala will bring new technologies and investments which Serbia did not have up to now. They will ensure the recruitment of our top scientists, and that the knowledge industry achieves the success we have in the automotive industry in terms of export revenues. This is the technology that only major world powers possess, which will make Serbia the leader in the region and knowledge industry,” Dinkic said.
The talks also addressed investments in the sectors of telecommunications, renewable energy sources, gas power plants, and construction (hotels, business premises, residential facilities), the release reads.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute