Greece constitutes a window to the countries of Western Europe for retail chains from Serbia, News
On Wednesday, Serbian chain Lilly Drogerie, active in the category of cosmetics, nutritional supplements and baby care items, is opening its 10th store in the Avenue shopping center in Maroussi, as it is now also moving to the northern suburbs too.
The chain, of Serbian interests, which started its activity in the Greek market only in April 2021 (that is when Lilly Drogerie Monoprosopi SA was established through the Cypriot company Lilly Drogerie Ltd) has already opened stores in the center of Athens, as well as in Piraeus, Kallithea, Nea Filadelfia, Menidi and Aegaleo.
The company was founded in 2003 with headquarters in Belgrade and has a leading position in its category in Serbia with over 200 pharmacies, while it is also active in Bulgaria. In total, the chain employs over 2,500 people.
Where does it rely for its success in the Greek market? On the fact that it also has branded items from multinational companies (Nestle, P&G, Colgate, Palmolive, etc.), but also from Greek companies (MEGA, Septona, Frezyderm, etc.), while it has also developed its own product lines that are available at lower prices.
There is also intense activity in the Greek market by another Serbian company, which is active in an extremely dynamic retail sector, that of sporting goods. This is Sport Vision, which entered the Greek market shortly before the pandemic, in February 2020, and is one of the leading groups in this category in the Balkan region.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule