How much was the population of Serbia in debt at the end of April?, News
The population of Serbia owed 1,493.9 billion dinars through loans to banks at the end of April, of which the largest debt relates to cash loans that amounted to 666.8 billion at the end of the previous month, according to the April report of the credit bureau of the Association of Serbian Banks.
The second highest amount was housing and adaptation loans, amounting to 633.4 billion, and 155,756 citizens had housing loans.
When it comes to late repayments, the share of late payments in the debt of total bank loans amounted to 2.9 percent, which is 0.1 percent more than at the end of last year, while the share of late payments in debt based on household loans was 2.4 percent and was 0.1 percent less compared to the end of 2022.
The number of current accounts and their users has increased, so on April 30, there were 8,552,175 of these accounts and 8,395,033 a year ago, while the number of users increased from 5,647,923 in April 2022 to 5,725,032, as of at the end of April this year. From April last year to April this year, the number of credit cards decreased from 1,224,914 to 1,170,952.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 29, 2023 What is the amendment of the regulation on subsidy for investors bringing to Serbia
- May 29, 2023 Hungarian aspiration towards Serbian hydropower plants: what happened after EPS became a joint-stock company?
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year