Hundreds of millions of euros for a better Serbian economy, News
The Serbian Ministry of Economy announced today that this year it will invest more than 790 million dinars in infrastructure facilities to improve the economic environment.
“Equipping of business zones and tourist capacities in local governments will be funded.” The money will be used for the implementation of 21 infrastructure projects that will affect the development of 21 local governments,” said Darko Mitrović, State Secretary of the Ministry of Economy.
The Ministry of Economy, as he explained, finances the entire value of the works on the project when it comes to local governments of the third and fourth development groups and thus contributes to balanced regional development. When it comes to local self-governments of the first and second development groups, they have the obligation of their own participation in the implementation of the project.
In Novi Pazar, Osečina, Kruševac, Vladimirci and Prokuplje, it is planned to equip business zones with the construction and reconstruction of traffic roads with accompanying infrastructure, while in Jagodina, the main correctional facility for the industrial complex will be built. In Golupac, Veliko Gradište, Tutin, Bajina Bašta, Ljubovija, Kosjerić, Žagubica, Aleksinac, Lajkovac, Surdulica, Kučevo and Lazarevac, infrastructure projects will be implemented in the function of developing tourist potential and accessibility to tourist locations. The Implementation of projects in Medveđa, that is, Sijarinska Banja, Sokobanja and Petrovac na Mlava, as Mitrović said, will contribute to the development of spa tourism. In Sijarinska banja, municipality of Medveđa, the building of the Roman bath will be reconstructed and expanded, in Sokobanja a children’s park will be reconstructed within the central city park, and in Petrovac na Mlava roads will be built that will ensure access to Ždrelo Spa. It Is planned that the implementation of those infrastructure works will begin in July.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?