Hungary can buy and store 500 million m3 of gas for Serbia’s needs, News
Further growth of trade exchange with Hungary
The Minister of Internal and Foreign Trade of Serbia, Tomislav Momirović, also met with Sijarto, who stated that the economic relations between the two countries are characterized by the continuous growth of trade exchange.
Momirović also pointed to the significant growth of Hungarian investments in the Serbian economy and joint infrastructure projects of regional importance, adding that significant cooperation between small and medium-sized enterprises has been established in recent years.
He stated that Hungary was the fifth trading partner of Serbia last year, and the fourth in exports, which amounted to EUR 1.5 billion, according to the volume of total trade of EUR 3.65 billion.
The minister presented that in the last ten years, the value of trade between Hungary and Serbia has increased significantly, especially our exports, which is primarily driven by the growth of the export of components of the automotive industry.
Momirović announced that, together with Sijart, he will be co-chairman of the Joint Committee for Economic Cooperation between Serbia and Hungary, adding that special efforts will be made to further increase the exchange of goods between the two countries to four billion euros in the future.
He reminded that Serbia and Hungary have exceptional political cooperation, and that during today’s meeting they discussed the next steps for establishing even better trade relations, as well as the additional connection of our two nations.
– The prerequisite for that is certainly to continue with the construction of joint infrastructure projects, but also to additionally relax border procedures and ensure the free flow of people and goods at our border crossings – concluded Momirović.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule