IKEA to invest 200 mln euro in Serbia in five years, News
Swedish furniture retailer IKEA plans to invest a total of 200 million euro ($239.5 million) in Serbia in the next five years, the Balkan country’s labour minister Zoran Djordjevic said on Tuesday
The Swedish company has already invested 60 million euro and has hired 330 employees in Serbia and intends to build two more units in the country in the next five years, Djordjevic said, according to a press release of the Serbian government.
IKEA will hopefully have a total of 1,200 employees in Serbia after five years, Djordjevic said during a visit to IKEA’s store in Belgrade, the Swedish group’s first in Serbia, which was opened last month.
In May, IKEA development director for Southeastern Europe (SEE) Vladislav Lalic said the company was also looking for a plot of land on the left bank of the Sava river, in the northwestern part of the Serbian capital. IKEA’s long-term plans include the opening of a store in the city of Nis, but this depends on the development of the Serbian market and the economy in general, Lalic said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects