More than 20 thousand people in Serbia work in American companies, News
The Minister of Mining and Energy, Zorana Mihajlovic, talked today in Warsaw with the Assistant Secretary of Energy for the United States, Andrew Light, about the importance of cooperation in the process of energy transition.
The Minister thanked for the support of the USA and expressed satisfaction that more than 20,000 people in Serbia work in American companies.
– I think there is room for investment in the energy and mining sector, especially Bechtel, the first company from the United States to participate in infrastructure works. We have already talked with them about the possibility of investing in new green energy capacities – said Mihajlovic.
Light said that the United States sees Serbia as one of the partners in this part of Europe, adding that the cooperation seeks to contribute to energy security, as well as economic growth.
– We definitely want not only to help, but also to cooperate together on energy projects. I am satisfied that we can talk about concrete things, considering the ready plans when it comes to investments – said Light.
At the conference on green energy in Warsaw, the Minister pointed out that the “Jadar” project is one of the most important for the entire Serbian economy, adding that our country has proven reserves for the next 60 years.
She emphasized that the goal is for Serbia to have a complete chain of lithium production, a factory of lithium batteries and electric vehicles, it is stated in the announcement of the Ministry, Vesti Online reports.
- October 16, 2021 The Innovation Fund is launching a program to support startups in Serbia
- October 16, 2021 Serbia is preparing for the green era of water transport
- October 16, 2021 The value of the company Zijin jumped on the stock exchange because of Serbia