Mubadala to invest in IT industry in Serbia, Market News & Opportunities
First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior Aleksandar Vucic and Minister of Finance and Economy Mladjan Dinkic spoke today with representatives of the company Mubadala from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
During the meeting it was emphasised that there is great support of the Serbian government to the cooperation between Serbia and the United Arab Emirates and that it is dedicated to the implementation of all joint projects.
The Serbian government will give full support and accept all conditions in order to speed up the process of cooperation in the field of IT industry, Vucic underlined.
The participants in the meeting discussed concrete projects preceding the construction of a chip factory in Belgrade.
The first phase is the construction of a centre for research and development of information technology, which would employ our top scientists and engineers, and the investment in research and development project alone would amount to several hundred million dollars.
Another concrete suggestion of the company Mubadala is to build a factory for production of sophisticated components for the aerospace industry.
Serbia is our second home. We are not here to impose conditions, but to come up with proposals for a partnership. We are here to give you ideas and to support you. That is what all real friends do, Mubadala Chief Operating Officer Waleed Al Mokarrab Al Muhairi said.
Dinkic said that Mubadala will bring high technology and investments which Serbia has not seen so far.
They will ensure to employ our top scientists and that knowledge economy scores as high export revenues as our auto industry is doing now. It is a kind of technology that only leading world powers have, which will make Serbia the regional leader in the industry of knowledge, Dinkic said.
The meeting also touched on the investments in the fields of telecommunication, renewable energy sources, construction of fossil-fuel power stations and construction (hotels, office space and other residential facilities), reads a statement by the Office of the First Deputy Prime Minister.
Source Serbian Government
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute