NCR on Tuesday officially started building its state-of-the-art technology campus in New Belgrade.
The groundbreaking ceremony in the municipality’s Block 42 was attended by President Aleksandar Vucic.
The US company will invest about USD 90 million in this project. The campus will occupy an area of about 30,000 square meters and will have two underground floors for parking, a ground floor with retail and catering facilities and seven more floors of office space.
Besides Vucic, NCR Corporation President and CEO Michael Heyford also took part in the ceremony.
The Serbian president said that he was “pleased that this campus will be bigger than the one in Atlanta.”
“We bring smiles not only to the 3,135 people hired so far and to the 1,000 who will be hired at the campus,” Vucic said, and added that Serbia backed the project with EUR 14 million.
The president also said that this investment shows that relations between Serbia and the US can be “incomparably better.”
- Chinese firm to connect Serbia's capital with new highway
- Mihajlovic: „Serbian highways by world standards’’
- Serbia leads global greenfield investment index
- Mahan Air Reconnects Serbia To Iran
- Serbia to Spend as Much as 12 Billion Euros on Infrastructure
- Toyo expands in Europe with new R&D center; plans to build Serbia factory
- Government again gives 21 million euro to Air Serbia
- The Old Railway station is being reconstructed
- Budapest Airport gains Nis connection with Air Serbia
- Air Serbia continues consolidation drive