Zorana Mihajlovic and delegation of the European Investment Bank (EIB) visited this week the construction site of a bridge over the Sava River near Ostruznica.
Mihajlovic, who is in charge of construction, transport and infrastructure in the Serbian cabinet, said that the works are financed by the EIB and that the Serbian government has cooperation with the bank on the construction of infrastructure, both road and rail.
She also announced new joint projects worth nearly EUR 500 million.
Mihajlovic “expressed her expectation that the contract for the modernization and electrification project of the Nis-Dimitrovgrad railway and the construction of a roundabout around Nis, worth about EUR 250 million, will be signed in December,” the government said.
The new project with the EIB is also the “Peace Road” of Nis-Merdare-Pristina, where EUR 212 million will be invested in the construction of the first sections of that road, from Nis to Plocnik, she noted.
- Balkan must-sees focus of Serbia's int'l tourism fair
- Serbia Completes Successful IMF Program
- Serbia to extend deadline for opening RTB Bor privatisation tender
- Serbia invests $US 20m to cut speed restrictions and upgrade lines
- Bulgarian Tourists in Serbia have Increased Threefold for the Last 10 Years
- Serbia's central bank to buy euros to stem dinar gains - cbank governor
- Serbia to open for traffic Obrenovac-Ljig motorway section in H1
- PM on her government's road infrastructure piorities
- Lesaffre acquires Alltech’s yeast extract facility in Serbia
- Serbia – Bulgaria line modernisation agreement signed