Zorana Mihajlovic and delegation of the European Investment Bank (EIB) visited this week the construction site of a bridge over the Sava River near Ostruznica.
Mihajlovic, who is in charge of construction, transport and infrastructure in the Serbian cabinet, said that the works are financed by the EIB and that the Serbian government has cooperation with the bank on the construction of infrastructure, both road and rail.
She also announced new joint projects worth nearly EUR 500 million.
Mihajlovic “expressed her expectation that the contract for the modernization and electrification project of the Nis-Dimitrovgrad railway and the construction of a roundabout around Nis, worth about EUR 250 million, will be signed in December,” the government said.
The new project with the EIB is also the “Peace Road” of Nis-Merdare-Pristina, where EUR 212 million will be invested in the construction of the first sections of that road, from Nis to Plocnik, she noted.
- Serbia and China sign several important documents
- Chinese investor to build 80 mln euro zinc oxide factory in Serbia
- IMF: Serbia alone received over half of region's FDIs
- Arabs to buy faltering Serbian agriculture giant
- Germany's Leoni to invest 60 mln euro in fourth factory in Serbia
- Chinese move Gorenje production from Slovenia to Serbia
- Serbia ready to become full member of CERN
- Serbia plans to build 13 mln euro car battery factory in northern
- Serbia, US sign MoU in field of infrastructure
- PPF Group outlines Telenor Serbia plans