Zorana Mihajlovic and delegation of the European Investment Bank (EIB) visited this week the construction site of a bridge over the Sava River near Ostruznica.
Mihajlovic, who is in charge of construction, transport and infrastructure in the Serbian cabinet, said that the works are financed by the EIB and that the Serbian government has cooperation with the bank on the construction of infrastructure, both road and rail.
She also announced new joint projects worth nearly EUR 500 million.
Mihajlovic “expressed her expectation that the contract for the modernization and electrification project of the Nis-Dimitrovgrad railway and the construction of a roundabout around Nis, worth about EUR 250 million, will be signed in December,” the government said.
The new project with the EIB is also the “Peace Road” of Nis-Merdare-Pristina, where EUR 212 million will be invested in the construction of the first sections of that road, from Nis to Plocnik, she noted.
- Serbia tries again to sell Novi Sad port operator
- Electronics maker Amphenol opens plant in Serbia
- Serbia to stimulate growth by attracting investments in next 3 years
- "Many Serbian companies moved part of production to China"
- Agreement reached on Serbia's old debt to Czech Republic
- Serbians "already see results of China's Belt and Road"
- National Assembly adopts Serbia's state budget for 2019
- Putin: Preferential trade deal with Serbia to be finalized
- Sinisa Mali: Serbia paid of 890mln euro of debt in one day
- Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina to send letter to EU members