NIS petroleum company advocates for the citizens of Serbia and important projects, News
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Siniša Mali and General Director of the company NIS a.d. Novi Sad Kiril Tjurdenjev signed a donation agreement today, according to which the company will provide 60 million euros, intended to support projects of the Government of Serbia in the field of education, social care and health care.
On behalf of the Government of Serbia, Minister of Finance Mali thanked for the donation and expressed his satisfaction that these funds will be used to support projects in areas of great importance for the progress and further development of society.
“We are very grateful to the NIS company for showing social responsibility and for deciding, after excellent business results last year, to donate money for projects that will benefit all citizens of Serbia,” said Siniša Mali, the ministry announced.
He pointed out that all the companies that operate in Serbia are also making a profit here, aware that their role in our overall economic environment is significant, but also that the perception of citizens that the development of our society is important to companies is also important.
“We achieve this by investing in society, in projects like this that our citizens know how to appreciate. This is how the responsibility of a company is expressed, by investing in the community, by participating in efforts to create better conditions for the life and work of the most sensitive categories of our society,” said Mali .
He also stated that, according to the Donation Agreement, which was signed today in the Ministry of Finance, the said funds will be paid by May 30 in dinar equivalents.
The general director of NIS, Kiril Tjurdenjev, said that the company is a leader in socially responsible business, and that they are proud of the fact that the citizens of Serbia have great trust in NIS.
“We have been supporting young talents for years, investing in education, healthcare and social welfare institutions, investing in ecology, sports, culture. Behind us are numerous successfully implemented projects that have improved the lives of our fellow citizens. Now, in cooperation with partners from the Government of Serbia, we are making new a step towards the achievement of a common goal – support for projects that are important for the citizens of Serbia,” Tjurdenjev concluded.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects