Port of Bar could connect Serbian and Montenegrin economy, News
Port of Bar is a good chance to expand cooperation between the Montenegrin economy and the economy of Serbia, as well as Kragujevac, from which cars have been exported through this port for seven decades, it was said at the premiere of the documentary film „Safe Port“.
Now there is a new chance, that when part of the railway from Sobovica to Kragujevac is built, Kragujevac will be connected to the Belgrade-Bar railway, and also to the Port of Bar – TV Jadran journalist from Montenegro Ljiljana Veljković told Betty, who is the author the script of the film.
This, she added, will make it possible to export finished wagons, trains and trams produced in the Siemens factory there from the MIND Park in Kragujevac through the Port of Bar. Now trams are only shipped in parts by trucks, which makes production and transportation more expensive, Veljković said.
The ”orm”r director of the Zastava car factory in Kragujevac, Branimir Soldatović, recalled that about 160,000 Zastava cars were exported to America through the Port of Bar, as well as about 90,000 “128” vehicles in disassembled condition to Egypt. He added that Fiat also continued to use car transport through Port Bar.
The owner of TV Jadran and the director of the film “Safe harbor” Boris Đurašević said that in the last year Luka Bar has gone through various transitions, that several directors and management have changed, and that new investors have arrived.
He stated that the Montenegrin media is saying that the Government of Montenegro will buy Luka Bar by the end of this month.
The interlocutors in the film “Safe Port” talked about the history of the construction and work of the Port of Bar, and the perspective for its development and wider opening for cooperation with the economy of Serbia and the region was presented.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute