Serbia, Belgrade Airport will soon open the central part of the terminal and the runway, News
Nikola Tesla Airport in Belgrade is nearing completion of work on the new central part of the terminal and runway, and it is expected that they will be put into operation in less than a month, the Exyuaviation.com portal announced.
“The facility will serve as a central passenger pick-up point and will be integrated with the other terminals – together it will have almost 100 check-in counters.” “The new central part of the terminal will house new shops, food and beverage facilities, as well as expanded centralized security and passport control,” the portal writes.
Belgrade Airport has also started testing its new automated baggage handling system, according to this portal.
Automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) BAGKSone, manufactured by the French group Alstef, designed for the transfer of individual bags, were purchased .
The AGV can cover short as well as long distances and can reportedly reach speeds of up to seven and a half meters per second.
The portal states that the construction of the new, built-in runway of the Belgrade Airport is nearing completion.
“The new track is 3,500 meters long and will replace the existing one, which will be overhauled in the coming period.” When its reconstruction is completed, the inserted track will become a parallel taxiway next to the original one. These two tracks will be connected by a new taxiway system,” this portal writes.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow