Serbia expects a new round of investment from the United States, News
Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic, who is on a two-day visit to the United States, expressed hope that, after the meetings she will have during the visit, a new round of investments from that country to Serbia will follow.
The aim of the visit is to promote Serbia as a competitive destination for investment in research and development and business centers of high-tech companies.
Upon her arrival in New York, Brnabic announced that in the next two days she would have numerous meetings with representatives of American startup companies and the community that invests in those companies, finances research and development in various fields, but also larger companies from the IT sector.
She pointed out that the growing interest of American companies in Serbia is not only because in the last year and a half our country has started to appear at the top of all world reports on the IT industry, innovation, research and development, and digitalization in general, but also because they have good experiences in Serbia, reports the website of the Government of Serbia.
– Some of our further directions of development are the fact that we were among the first in Europe to pass legal regulations on cryptocurrencies, that we are in the top 10 in the world in blockchain technology and the gaming industry and invest more and more money in biomedicine – she emphasized.
Brnabic reminded that our country introduced the subject of the digital world from the first grade of primary school, increased the number of specialized IT departments, invested in science and technology parks and founded as many as three new research institutes.
She pointed out that this led to Serbia being at the top according to some of the most credible world reports, such as the Startup Genome or the World Economic Forum, noting that a few weeks ago it was on the UNESCO list of countries that stand out by investing in research and development. For the first time, our country was in the top 15 countries in the world.
– Serbia is now recognized as a destination where it is worth coming and, above all, to inquire about what is happening there, what are the innovations, what has it done to stand out from everyone else in the region and Europe and then be interested in investing, not only in opening our companies, but also in our startup companies and funds, for which there is already legal regulations – the Prime Minister pointed out, eKapija reports.
- August 13, 2022 Growth in turnover on the Product Exchange
- August 12, 2022 Inflation in July reached a record 12.8 percent
- August 12, 2022 Serbia will pay in full for the gas shortage and the Russian price