Serbia, German Continental opened its megafactory in Novi Sad, Uncategorized
The high-tech factory in Novi Sad, with an area of 30,000 square meters of production, office and warehouse space, brings the production of the most modern solutions for large screens to the next level. By delivering innovative technologies for the whole world, Continental contributes to the transformation of the global automotive industry.
Continental plans to invest more than 150 million euros in the expansion of the newly opened factory, which will create approximately 1,500 additional jobs in the next four years.
As it was announced, in just three and a half years from the decision to open the production plant to the start of the first production, the establishment of the new megafactory went at an incredibly high speed.
“With the opening of the new Mega factory ‘Continental Automotive Serbia’, the largest in Europe, we have written new pages in the history of Novi Sad. The investment value of 140 million euros for the new factory, the construction of which began in June 2021, which occupies 30,000 square meters of production, office and warehouse space will produce technological solutions for screens for the interior of vehicles.
Continental in Novi Sad currently operates at five locations and employs around 1,350 people, 950 software, system, test, mechanical, electrical and industrial engineers in the Research and Development Center and close to 400 engineers, technicians and highly trained operators in the factory,” said the mayor of Novi Sad on his Instagram account.
We have achieved our dreams and we continue to dream them, said President Aleksandar Vučić, who also attended the opening of the factory and added that “Continental” will reach three billion euros in exports. The director of the “Continental Serbia” factory, Edwin van der Ka, announced that this year they will start expanding the factory with an additional investment of over 150 million euros, and that it will create an additional 1,500 jobs.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule