Serbia, In January, exports grew twice as fast as imports, News
Serbia’s total foreign trade in goods in January of this year amounted to 5.43 billion dollars and was 9.7 percent higher than in the same period of the previous year, announced the Republic Institute of Statistics.
Goods worth 2.34 billion dollars were exported, which is an increase of 14.4 percent compared to January last year, and imports amounted to 3.08 billion dollars, which is an increase of 6.4 percent.
The foreign trade deficit in January was 746.5 million dollars, which is 12 percent less than in the same period last year, and the coverage of imports by exports is 75.8 percent and is 5.3 percent higher than last year.
Foreign trade goods exchange was the largest with the countries with which Serbia has signed free trade agreements, and the members of the European Union make up 57.8 percent of the total exchange.
Our second most important partner is the CEFTA countries, with which we have an exchange surplus of 151.2 million dollars.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow