Serbia, Mining records growth, News
Last year, mining increased its income by 22.6 percent compared to 2021 and thus achieved a share in the gross domestic product of 2.4 percent, Serbian Mining and Energy Minister Dubravka Đedović said today.
As announced by the ministry, she said at the celebration of the 77th anniversary of the Faculty of Mining and Geology in Belgrade that the mining sector in Serbia is recording a constant increase in production, and that a strong profession is necessary in order to continue “in the right direction”.
Đedović said that the energy crisis, energy transition and current global challenges have once again emphasized the importance of mineral resources for managing the economy and ensuring stable economic growth.
“The goal is sustainable mining. We have to define the future strategic directions together, in an extremely responsible and dedicated way, taking into account first of all the national and economic interests while ensuring energy security, growth in the production of mineral raw materials, a safe framework for investment investments and full appreciation and implementation of world standards,” said the minister.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow