Serbia, Price of electricity for economy will rise in May, News
Electricity for the Serbian economy will increase in price from May 1, from 102.6 euros per megawatt to 110.81 euros per megawatt, or by about eight percent, Beta has learned.
At today’s extraordinary session of the Assembly of the joint-stock company Elektroprivreda Srbije (EPS), it was decided to implement the conclusion of the Government of Serbia, which recommended to EPS that the price of electricity for customers on commercial supply, i.e. for the economy, as of May 1, should be 110.81 euro per megawatt.
On January 1, 2023, the price of electricity for the economy in Serbia increased to 102.6 euros per megawatt, and until then it was 95 euros.
The average price for the economy in the middle and end of last year, before the start of the energy crisis, was from 50 to 70 euros per megawatt.
The average price of electricity for customers who are entitled to guaranteed supply at regulated prices (households and small customers) from May 1 will amount to 9.5 dinars per kilowatt hour without taxes and fees, i.e. 13.31 dinars with those duties and is eight percent more expensive .
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?