Serbia’s telecommunications market grew 1 percent in 2016 to RSD 189.4 billion, according to the annual report from regulator Ratel. The sector contributed 4.51 percent of Serbia’s GDP during the year. Investments in the sector reached RSD 32.3 billion, down 4.9 percent from 2015.
The mobile sector accounted for the largest share of revenue (59%) and investment (34%). Mobile penetration in Serbia was at 128 percent at year-end, while fixed line penetration was still at 102 percent.
The number of fixed broadband subscribers grew by 10 percent in 2016, and TV subscribers increased by 4 percent. This led to 58 percent of households having broadband and 67 percent at the end of the year.
- Immofinanz to invest 10 mln euro in retail park in Serbia
- Experts Scorn Value of China-Serbia Trade Association
- Serbia and China currently have joint projects worth USD 6bn
- Serbia’s IMF Arrangement Ends on High Note
- Serbia to release dinar and euro savings bonds
- New projects with EIB worth nearly EUR 500mn
- Serbia agrees 248 mln euro funding for railway overhaul with RZD
- Serbia's central bank cuts 2017 economic growth estimate to 2 percent
- Telenor, Fortumo Launch Direct Carrier Billing in 7th Market, Serbia
- Serbia-Slovakia protocol to prevent illegal employment