Serbia’s telecommunications market grew 1 percent in 2016 to RSD 189.4 billion, according to the annual report from regulator Ratel. The sector contributed 4.51 percent of Serbia’s GDP during the year. Investments in the sector reached RSD 32.3 billion, down 4.9 percent from 2015.
The mobile sector accounted for the largest share of revenue (59%) and investment (34%). Mobile penetration in Serbia was at 128 percent at year-end, while fixed line penetration was still at 102 percent.
The number of fixed broadband subscribers grew by 10 percent in 2016, and TV subscribers increased by 4 percent. This led to 58 percent of households having broadband and 67 percent at the end of the year.
- Balkan must-sees focus of Serbia's int'l tourism fair
- Serbia Completes Successful IMF Program
- Serbia to extend deadline for opening RTB Bor privatisation tender
- Serbia invests $US 20m to cut speed restrictions and upgrade lines
- Bulgarian Tourists in Serbia have Increased Threefold for the Last 10 Years
- Serbia's central bank to buy euros to stem dinar gains - cbank governor
- Serbia to open for traffic Obrenovac-Ljig motorway section in H1
- PM on her government's road infrastructure piorities
- Lesaffre acquires Alltech’s yeast extract facility in Serbia
- Serbia – Bulgaria line modernisation agreement signed