Serbia’s telecommunications market grew 1 percent in 2016 to RSD 189.4 billion, according to the annual report from regulator Ratel. The sector contributed 4.51 percent of Serbia’s GDP during the year. Investments in the sector reached RSD 32.3 billion, down 4.9 percent from 2015.
The mobile sector accounted for the largest share of revenue (59%) and investment (34%). Mobile penetration in Serbia was at 128 percent at year-end, while fixed line penetration was still at 102 percent.
The number of fixed broadband subscribers grew by 10 percent in 2016, and TV subscribers increased by 4 percent. This led to 58 percent of households having broadband and 67 percent at the end of the year.
- Russian regulator warns of possible restrictions on Serbian fruit imports
- Hainan Airlines Inaugurates Direct Air Service Between Beijing and Belgrade
- Ten companies show interest in Serbia's Galenika privatisation
- Serbia's central bank buys euros to stem dinar gains - dealers
- IKEA to invest 200 mln euro in Serbia in five years
- IMF Staff Concludes Visit to Serbia
- Decision on public sector wage hike to be made soon - PM
- Agreement reached on increasing minimum wage
- MHPS to supply two sets of the world's largest FGD systems to Serbian coal plant
- Bosch investment in Serbia since 2006 totals 52 mln euro