Serbia’s telecommunications market grew 1 percent in 2016 to RSD 189.4 billion, according to the annual report from regulator Ratel. The sector contributed 4.51 percent of Serbia’s GDP during the year. Investments in the sector reached RSD 32.3 billion, down 4.9 percent from 2015.
The mobile sector accounted for the largest share of revenue (59%) and investment (34%). Mobile penetration in Serbia was at 128 percent at year-end, while fixed line penetration was still at 102 percent.
The number of fixed broadband subscribers grew by 10 percent in 2016, and TV subscribers increased by 4 percent. This led to 58 percent of households having broadband and 67 percent at the end of the year.
- Romania's Whyttest opens office in Serbia
- Czech PPF acquires Serbia's Telenor banka
- Tender for first radar system for hail protection to be announced soon
- Chinese fund readies billion-euro project in Serbia
- Germans open factory in Serbia, employ 2,500 workers
- Serbia and IMF agree on PCI program
- PM brings together large companies and startups
- Americans interested in building highway in Serbia
- Germany's Lidl launches logistics center near Belgrade
- IMF delegation visiting Serbia