Serbia, The state subsidizes the price of electricity and gas, News
Minister of Energy Dubravka Đedović stated that “the price of electricity, despite the increase of eight percent in January, is still among the lowest in Europe, which is also the case with the price of gas for households“, but “the situation on the market, however, changes daily”.
“Our state subsidizes, that’s clear to you, but we don’t have a pot of gold. We will really fight so that, even if there are price increases, they are minimal, as is the case now,” said Đedović in an interview for today’s Politika when asked about electricity prices for households.
She said that she is concerned about the way of working in the Kolubara mines, stating that she is not satisfied because the coal production is less than it should be.
According to her, “the bottom line and the most important thing is that the electricity supply is not threatened”.
“When we talk about new investments, they must be prepared quickly and the Electric Power Company of Serbia (EPS) must be much more efficient in their implementation,” said Đedović.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 31, 2023 Serbia: Farmers’ associations are dissatisfied with the way in which the eAgrar system is implemented
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, Export growth in February 14.9 percent compared to the same month in 2022
- March 31, 2023 Serbia, New toll prices apply from tomorrow