Serbia, The transformation of traditional business models is no longer a matter of choice, but of long-term survival, News
All sectors, especially the banking sector, must adapt to the challenges that each time brings, because this is the only way to justify the great responsibility entrusted to us”, said the president of the Executive Board of NLB Komercijalna banka, Vlastimir Vuković, at the traditional banking panel, which was titled “Banking sector: What can be the negative consequences of the economic crisis” held at the jubilee 30th Kopaonik Business Forum.
He added that NLB Komercijalna banka last year, in accordance with the current crisis, decided to provide strong support and finance projects that increase energy efficiency and energy production from renewable sources – from wind parks, through biogas plants, to solar projects, where significant development is still expected.
“In this way, we managed to encourage significant savings in energy consumption, which at the moment is not only deficient, but its production in our country damages the environment and limits resources for future generations.”
Also, as a systemic bank in Serbia, NLB Komercijalna banka last year ensured the supply of electricity from completely renewable sources, thus reducing its carbon footprint by as much as 6,000 tons.
We switched to a paperless procurement process, and before us is the move to a new central and completely green building, the installation of solar panels, as well as the replacement of the entire fleet with electric and hybrid cars. We have adopted a new way of thinking and working, and thus laid solid foundations for even more serious changes,” Vuković said.
In addition to the above, NLB Komercijalna banka has adjusted its credit policies, in order to guide clients in the desired directions of action, i.e. sustainable business and development.
This year, NLB komercijalna banka is the general sponsor of the 30th anniversary Kopaonik Business Forum, which, as a new member of the NLB Group, has continued the tradition of strong support for the most important business event in Serbia and the region.
Sign up for business updates & specials.
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- March 27, 2023 Serbia borrowed another 6.21 billion dinars through bonds
- March 27, 2023 Serbia is opening a new gate of diversification for gas supply
- March 27, 2023 Air Serbia operates according to the summer flight schedule