The number of online payment users is growing in Serbia, News
83 percent of respondents in Serbia use online payments over the Internet, which is 22 percent more than the year before the pandemic, according to the latest research. A study by MasterIndex showed that the first choice of users is still domestic online stores – 54 percent, and that trust in the security of online shopping has increased compared to the previous year and amounts to 55 percent.
Of the 83 percent of respondents who use online payments regularly, 13 percent pay online at least once a week, while 41 percent use online payments on a monthly basis, and 46 percent of them once or several times a year.
Research shows that online payments have become an integral part of the financial culture of the citizens of our country and that this type of payment has a constant growth trend.
The fact that the most desirable ways of buying and paying are increasingly moving to the online environment is shown by the fact that almost half of the respondents – (46 percent) pay their monthly bills online, reports Tanjug.
45% of them buy clothes and shoes, 28% buy sports equipment, and 25% buy groceries and household items. Citizens are increasingly visiting online stores to buy electronic devices – 21 percent and furniture – 17 percent.
Also, 55 percent of online shopping users use cards in general, whether they are debit, credit or online prepaid cards.
Cash is used by 48 percent of users, while 42 percent of respondents use e-banking, or m-banking applications as an option to pay for goods and services ordered online, Politika writes.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects