Turkish lender Halkbank on June 12 added a new branch to its network in Serbia, where it already has a widespread presence.
At the opening of the branch in eastern city of Smederevo, General Manager of Halkbank in Serbia Kenan Bozkurt said Smederevo has a special significance as it is one of the capitals of old Serbia with rich history.
“I am very happy that we are opening the 34th branch in Serbia,” said Bozkurt.
Turkish Ambassador to Serbia Tanju Bilgiç said that Halkbank is one of the main reasons for excellent economic relations between Serbia and Turkey.
“Halkbank is very important, because where there are Halkbank branches, there are also Turkish investors. I hope that the opening of this branch will contribute to increasing the number of Turkish investors in Smederevo,” said Bilgiç.
Bilgiç asked Smederevo Mayor Jasna Avramovic to create the “best conditions” for Turkish investors.
Source; Daily News
- Confirmation of leadership for the ninth consecutive year
- Getting the Jump on World’s Big Economies, Serbia Cuts Rates
- Strategic Partnership As A Model Of Privatisation Under Serbia's Privatisation Law
- Pay toll on motorways in Seriba up for 12 pct: RSD 2.130 worth ride to N. Macedonia
- IT Minister Attends Hungary-Serbia-China Working Group on Budapest-Belgrade Railway
- Air Serbia considering regional fleet options
- South Korean low-cost airline will not fly to Belgrade after all
- How is Serbia going to spend 179 million euro from IPA fund?
- Serbia and Airbus Helicopters expand partnership
- Serbia eyes more Eurobond sales to fund investment programme