Aleksandar Vucic says Chinese Ambassador Li Manchang told him two major Chinese companies from the innovation technology sector were coming to Serbia.
The Serbian president made this statement on Monday in Moscow, where he traveled for a meeting on Tuesday with Russian leader Vladimir Putin.
“I am awaiting with great impatience a meeting with Chinese state representatives in order to be able to inform you of this in a more serious and more detailed manner,” Vucic told reporters.
But he said he was “happy because of this news.”
“I am certain it is true, because China is a serious state, where there are no fake news or any kind of games,” he remarked.
In the past, “announcements that Shandong Linglong would come to Zrenjanin (a town in northern Serbia) turned out to be true,” Vucic added.
- Macroeconomic conditions see "major improvement"
- EBRD's first investment in local currency bond in Serbia
- Serbia's Erste bank raises 3.5 billion dinars via 2-yr bond sale
- Notable performance of Serbian arms industry in Abu Dhabi
- Coca-Cola to acquire Bambi in Serbia for EUR 260 million
- Improvement of food quality and safety in Serbia
- Partnership with VINCI "strategically important" for Serbia
- "2018 record year for Serbian tourism" - driven by Chinese
- Permit issued to build Serbia's tallest building
- Serbia picks Lazard-led consortium to advise on major bank sale