Aleksandar Vucic says Chinese Ambassador Li Manchang told him two major Chinese companies from the innovation technology sector were coming to Serbia.
The Serbian president made this statement on Monday in Moscow, where he traveled for a meeting on Tuesday with Russian leader Vladimir Putin.
“I am awaiting with great impatience a meeting with Chinese state representatives in order to be able to inform you of this in a more serious and more detailed manner,” Vucic told reporters.
But he said he was “happy because of this news.”
“I am certain it is true, because China is a serious state, where there are no fake news or any kind of games,” he remarked.
In the past, “announcements that Shandong Linglong would come to Zrenjanin (a town in northern Serbia) turned out to be true,” Vucic added.
- Serbia tries again to sell Novi Sad port operator
- Electronics maker Amphenol opens plant in Serbia
- Serbia to stimulate growth by attracting investments in next 3 years
- "Many Serbian companies moved part of production to China"
- Agreement reached on Serbia's old debt to Czech Republic
- Serbians "already see results of China's Belt and Road"
- National Assembly adopts Serbia's state budget for 2019
- Putin: Preferential trade deal with Serbia to be finalized
- Sinisa Mali: Serbia paid of 890mln euro of debt in one day
- Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina to send letter to EU members