“800mln Nis-Pristina highway to be built by our companies”, News
The Nis-Pristina highway will connect some 100,000 citizens in the Toplica District with Corridor 10, says Zorana Mihajlovic.
“The highway from Nis to Pristina via Merdare, which Serbia will build together with the EU, will connect around 100,000 citizens in the Toplica District with Corridor 10, the most significant traffic route in Serbia,” the minister of construction, transport and infrastructure said on Wednesday.
According to her, the planned route will go from Nis via Merosina, Prokuplje and Kursumlija to Merdare, and continue to Pristina via Podujevo.
“This 77-kilometer highway will cost 800 million euros and will be built by our companies and our workers, and the project will further contribute to the economic development of the Toplica District. Serbia will in this way have access to another port in the Adriatic, Durres. Even more importantly, this highway will connect Serbs in Kosovo to Belgrade and Nis, which they will be able to reach in a little over half an hour,” said Mihajlovic.
She also recalled that the construction of the highway was a proposal made by Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic, and that it became a part of the Berlin Process. Work is already being done with the EU to produce design and technical documentation, which should be completed this year, Mihajlovic said.
“Politically, this is the first project where Serbs and Albanians should work together. The highway from Nis to Pristina will show that there is no better way to cooperate and preserve stability than infrastructure. Everyone is tired of conflicts, we must live and work together,” the minister told TV Belle Amie, a local private broadcaster in Serbia’s southern town of Nis.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects