All signs pointing to record year for tourism, News
All signs are pointing to a record year for tourism in Serbia, Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Rasim Ljajic said Thursday, noting that the number of tourists was up by 13 pct in the first six months of 2016.
“The foreign currency revenue was up by 14 pct in the first six months and overnight stays were up by 15 pct. After that, we had the Belgrade Beer Fest and the Guca trumpet festival,” Ljajic told the RTS.
Forty-four thousand vouchers subsidising domestic tourism have been handed out to Serbian tourists, which means that Serbia has potential in tourism, Ljajic said, adding that there were 2,000 vouchers left.
“I urge all those who intend to spend a part of their vacations in Serbian spas or mountains to seize this opportunity,” Ljajic concluded.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?