Bank of China launches operations in Serbia, News
Bank of China’s arrival means we expect an exponential growth of investments in Serbia, President Tomislav Nikolic has said.
Speaking on Saturday during a ceremony at the Palace of Serbia in Belgrade, Nikolic noted that that it was precisely this bank that had started the financing of the Zelezara steelworks plant in Smederevo.
Nikolic said that with its help and Zelezara’s owner, Hesteel, the Smederevo plant “will operate more successfully than ever in its history.”
He wished the bank, whose Belgrade headquarters will also serve as a regional hub, successful operations at the regional level, “since its development is a guarantee of the development of Serbia.”
Nikolic noted that Bank of China is already active in the region and will from now coordinate the activities in this part of Europe – Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro and Albania.
“I wish you a happy beginning and successful work. Welcome to Serbia,” the president said.
The ceremony was also attended by National Assembly President Maja Gojkovic, government ministers, and Chinese Ambassador to Serbia Li Manchang.
The bank announced earlier that Serbia will be first Balkan country to host what is the world’s fifth largest bank by total assets.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 4, 2023 Serbia, Is gold laying under the dust?
- June 4, 2023 Air Serbia’s popularity and traffic are increasing
- June 4, 2023 Is gold fever taking over in Serbia?