Cable and internet provider SBB acquires competitor, News
Cable, internet, and landline telephony provider SBB has acquired 100 percent of the IKOM company.
IKOM also provides cable, internet, and landline telephony services.
SBB (Serbian Broadband) is a part of United Group, majority-owned by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), and is the dominant provider of these services in Serbia.
Tanjug is quoting SBB’s PR Director Jovana Lukic as saying that the company was “continuing to spread its business and network of customers,” while “consolidation of operators is a logical step in the telecommunications market and a worldwide trend.”
According to her, the company has submitted a request for approval of the acquisition to the Competition Protection Commission.
“Due to the size and the connectedness in the whole region, and because of United Group’s further investments in the network and services, IKOM customers will have access to the latest technologies and content,” Lukic said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute