Call to Israeli investors to invest in Serbia, News
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic said today at a meeting with a delegation of investors from Israel, that investors from this country are welcome to Serbia because there are great opportunities for cooperation.
Speaking at a meeting with representatives of five large investment companies from Israel which specialise in construction and investment in real estate and infrastructure, led by President of the Airport City in Belgrade Gili Dekel, Mihajlovic said that Serbia is in the process of reforms and that it works hard on infrastructure development.
Representatives of the Ministry presented to members of the Israeli delegation active projects in infrastructure and construction industry, changes in the legislation for making a better investment environment, as well as projects that are being planned, in which foreign investors can get involved.
They also discussed the growth and development of the property market since the coming into force of a new Law on Planning and Construction, which eliminated one of the biggest barriers for investors and that was a long waiting time for a building permit.
This permit is now issued in eight days on average.
The strategic position of Serbia was also presented to investors, as a country that builds corridors, but also has projects in road infrastructure that will have a broad regional influence, such as the Nis–Merdare road.
Source; Serbian Government
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute