Serbia’s economy ministry said Chinese bus maker Yin Long Group has shown interest in investing in Serbian sector player Ikarbus.
Yin Long is interested in the production of electric buses for public transport, the ministry said in a statement on Friday, following a meeting of economy minister Goran Knezevic with a delegation of the Chinese company.
The Chinese group could sell its electric buses produced in Serbia in the entire region, Knezevic said.
Serbia’s government said in May that Chinese bus manufacturer HigerBus expressed interest in the joint production of buses with Ikarbus. The buses manufactured by the two companies would be exported to the Western Balkans, the Serbian government said back then.
In February, the Belgrade city authorities said that urban transport company GSP signed 8.5 million euro ($10.2 million) agreement for the delivery of 30 low-floor buses with Ikarbus.
- Immofinanz to invest 10 mln euro in retail park in Serbia
- Experts Scorn Value of China-Serbia Trade Association
- Serbia and China currently have joint projects worth USD 6bn
- Serbia’s IMF Arrangement Ends on High Note
- Serbia to release dinar and euro savings bonds
- New projects with EIB worth nearly EUR 500mn
- Serbia agrees 248 mln euro funding for railway overhaul with RZD
- Serbia's central bank cuts 2017 economic growth estimate to 2 percent
- Telenor, Fortumo Launch Direct Carrier Billing in 7th Market, Serbia
- Serbia-Slovakia protocol to prevent illegal employment