Serbia’s economy ministry said Chinese bus maker Yin Long Group has shown interest in investing in Serbian sector player Ikarbus.
Yin Long is interested in the production of electric buses for public transport, the ministry said in a statement on Friday, following a meeting of economy minister Goran Knezevic with a delegation of the Chinese company.
The Chinese group could sell its electric buses produced in Serbia in the entire region, Knezevic said.
Serbia’s government said in May that Chinese bus manufacturer HigerBus expressed interest in the joint production of buses with Ikarbus. The buses manufactured by the two companies would be exported to the Western Balkans, the Serbian government said back then.
In February, the Belgrade city authorities said that urban transport company GSP signed 8.5 million euro ($10.2 million) agreement for the delivery of 30 low-floor buses with Ikarbus.
- Balkan must-sees focus of Serbia's int'l tourism fair
- Serbia Completes Successful IMF Program
- Serbia to extend deadline for opening RTB Bor privatisation tender
- Serbia invests $US 20m to cut speed restrictions and upgrade lines
- Bulgarian Tourists in Serbia have Increased Threefold for the Last 10 Years
- Serbia's central bank to buy euros to stem dinar gains - cbank governor
- Serbia to open for traffic Obrenovac-Ljig motorway section in H1
- PM on her government's road infrastructure piorities
- Lesaffre acquires Alltech’s yeast extract facility in Serbia
- Serbia – Bulgaria line modernisation agreement signed