Serbia’s economy ministry said Chinese bus maker Yin Long Group has shown interest in investing in Serbian sector player Ikarbus.
Yin Long is interested in the production of electric buses for public transport, the ministry said in a statement on Friday, following a meeting of economy minister Goran Knezevic with a delegation of the Chinese company.
The Chinese group could sell its electric buses produced in Serbia in the entire region, Knezevic said.
Serbia’s government said in May that Chinese bus manufacturer HigerBus expressed interest in the joint production of buses with Ikarbus. The buses manufactured by the two companies would be exported to the Western Balkans, the Serbian government said back then.
In February, the Belgrade city authorities said that urban transport company GSP signed 8.5 million euro ($10.2 million) agreement for the delivery of 30 low-floor buses with Ikarbus.
- Russian regulator warns of possible restrictions on Serbian fruit imports
- Hainan Airlines Inaugurates Direct Air Service Between Beijing and Belgrade
- Ten companies show interest in Serbia's Galenika privatisation
- Serbia's central bank buys euros to stem dinar gains - dealers
- IKEA to invest 200 mln euro in Serbia in five years
- IMF Staff Concludes Visit to Serbia
- Decision on public sector wage hike to be made soon - PM
- Agreement reached on increasing minimum wage
- MHPS to supply two sets of the world's largest FGD systems to Serbian coal plant
- Bosch investment in Serbia since 2006 totals 52 mln euro