Serbia’s economy ministry said Chinese bus maker Yin Long Group has shown interest in investing in Serbian sector player Ikarbus.
Yin Long is interested in the production of electric buses for public transport, the ministry said in a statement on Friday, following a meeting of economy minister Goran Knezevic with a delegation of the Chinese company.
The Chinese group could sell its electric buses produced in Serbia in the entire region, Knezevic said.
Serbia’s government said in May that Chinese bus manufacturer HigerBus expressed interest in the joint production of buses with Ikarbus. The buses manufactured by the two companies would be exported to the Western Balkans, the Serbian government said back then.
In February, the Belgrade city authorities said that urban transport company GSP signed 8.5 million euro ($10.2 million) agreement for the delivery of 30 low-floor buses with Ikarbus.
- Romania's Whyttest opens office in Serbia
- Czech PPF acquires Serbia's Telenor banka
- Tender for first radar system for hail protection to be announced soon
- Chinese fund readies billion-euro project in Serbia
- Germans open factory in Serbia, employ 2,500 workers
- Serbia and IMF agree on PCI program
- PM brings together large companies and startups
- Americans interested in building highway in Serbia
- Germany's Lidl launches logistics center near Belgrade
- IMF delegation visiting Serbia