Construction minister meets with IMF delegation, News
Deputy PM and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure Zorana Mihajlovic received on Friday in Belgrade a delegation of the IMF mission.
The delegation was led by mission head James Roaf, the Serbian government announced, adding that reforms of the road and rail sector, implementation of infrastructure projects and cadastre reforms were on the agenda.
After the meeting, Mihajlovic said that as part of the seventh revision of the arrangement with the IMF, it was noted that there are no critical points or problems in any one of its areas, which was also assessed during the previous revision.
Railway is an example of how reforms can be effectively implemented in public and state enterprises, she said.
She “emphasized that during the meeting, the reform of public company Roads of Serbia was also mentioned, and added that this process is as important as the reform of the railway, noting that after 20 years tenders were announced for road maintenance companies.”
The IMF mission was “particularly interested in the progress in the field of building permits and further improvement of the business environment, through the implementation of the reforms followed in the World Bank’s Doing Business List,” she underlined, according to a statement.
Mihajlovic “expressed the expectation that a law on cadastral registration will be in the Serbian parliament in July, which will introduce an e-counter in all property registration procedures.”
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute