Cultural tourism gaining significance, News
Serbian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications Rasim Ljajic on Wednesday visited Viminacium, an ancient Roman archaeological site near Stari Kostolac, eastern Serbia.
There is a desire to introduce a unique cultural theme route that would include Viminacium and all of Serbia’s archaeological and historic sites, he said.
“It must be said that cultural tourism is increasingly gaining significance. Four out of every ten tourists identify culture as the predominant reason in decisions to visit certain places and we must use that opportunity. In the coming period, we will be investing much not only to establish this unique cultural theme route but also present all that Serbia has to offer in the historical and cultural sense,” Ljajic said.
Viminacium is among the ten most significant archaeological sites in Europe and attracts around 80,000 people a year, 30 pct of whom are foreigners, Ljajic said, adding that the figure was still small compared to Viminacium’s cultural, historical and archaeological relevance.
In 2018, Serbia will host a world archaeology congress that will bring together 1,200 of the world’s most prominent archaeologists, Ljajic said.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute