EBRD approved a loan of 21.4 million euros to Serbian Metalfer, News
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) approved a loan of 21.4 million euros to the producer of steel for concrete reinforcement Metalfer Steel Mill from Sremska Mitrovica, it was announced today.
The loan will finance equipment whose purpose is to improve energy efficiency and reduce gas emissions, as well as a new solar photovoltaic mini-power plant with a capacity of up to four megawatts for its own production needs.
The director of the EBRD for the Western Balkans, Matteo Colangeli, said that the increase in production will allow this company to meet the demand of the construction industry, both on the domestic market and in the region, “which has been affected by changes in the supply chain lately”, reports Beta.
“Given the fact that the metal industry is one of the sectors where the improvement of energy efficiency and resource utilization is the most challenging, we are happy to support two green aspects of the transition of this project: energy efficiency and increasing the capacity of renewable energy sources,” said Colanelli.
Metalfer Steel Mill was founded in Serbia in 2005 and over time became the leading regional producer of steel beams, rebars and wire rods, using scrap metal as the primary raw material.
The company has a rolling mill and foundry and mainly supplies the local construction industry.
The loan will increase the total exposure of the EBRD in Serbia to almost eight billion euros , and in 2022 alone, the EBRD invested 648 million euros in the Serbian economy, Biznis reports.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 9, 2023 20 years of Microsoft in Serbia
- June 9, 2023 What does the withdrawal of the Draft Law on Business Companies mean for Serbia?
- June 9, 2023 Serbia, Returning inflation to a downward trajectory is a priority