ECB ready to help Serbian central bank, Finance Ministry, News
The European Central Bank (ECB) is ready to provide full assistance to both the National Bank of Serbia (NBS) and the Ministry of Finance.
This concerns dealing with non-performing loans and maintaining the stability of Serbia’s banking and economic system, ECB officials said at a meeting with Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic on Wednesday.
Vucic and the ECB delegation, headed by Benoit Coeure, discussed the economic situation and development prospects, as well as Serbia’s influence on economic trends in the Western Balkans.
They also discussed the economic situation in the eurozone in the wake of Brexit and the measures to be taken by the ECB to stabilize the market and minimize the negative impact of the UK’s departure from the EU, the Serbian government said in a statement.
Coeure praised the government’s economic reforms and the stable monetary policy pursued by the NBS.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute