Etihad investment in Air Serbia is EU-compliant, News
The European Commission (EC) has completed its investigation into Etihad Airways’ equity stake in Air Serbia, concluding it complies with EU regulations, ATW has learned.
Based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Etihad has a number of stakes in European airlines. Those holdings have been placed under tough scrutiny by European regulators to ensure they meet EU ownership-and-control rules.
ATW has learned the EC delivered the results of its investigation to Serbian authorities July 8.
“On the basis of available information and analyses conducted, the [EC] services concur with the Serbian authorities as regards compliance with EU rules. However, these views are assorted with a number of suggestions as to some elements on which future scrutiny by the Serbian authorities should particularly focus to ensure future compliance,” a source told ATW on condition of anonymity.
The commission will issue interpretative guidelines on the existing rules on ownership and control―in particular the notion of control―by the end of 2016.
Etihad acquired a 49% stake in Air Serbia’s predecessor, JAT Airways, in August 2013.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, The credit activity of banks towards the non-monetary sector continued to slow down
- June 8, 2023 The Government of Serbia has defined a quota in the market premium system for solar power plants
- June 8, 2023 Serbia, Chinese Zijin Copper is expanding: it owns a five percent stake in Belt and Road Institute