The 9th international conference of the European Leadership Centre (ELC)
“EU and Russia: Business Opportunities and Leadership Challenges”
2-3 June 2011, IEDC-Bled School of Management, Slovenia
At the upcoming ELC conference, business and government leaders, NGO and media representatives, as well as leadership experts and researchers from all over Europe will be focusing on “why should the leaders of the private and public sectors in EU and Russia strive for more cooperation between the two entities, what prevents them to move forward and what could be done to make progress”.
The conference, organized by IEDC-Bled School of Management in partnership with the Russian Presidential Academy and the Russian Association of Business Educators (RABE), and in cooperation with Centre for Leadership Studies, University of Exeter, Great Britain, International Leadership Association, United States (ILA) and Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe from Austria (IDM), will be co-chaired by Dr. Vladimir Mau, President of ANE, and Dr. Erhard Busek, President of Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM). Among the key topics there are:
· Europe and Russia: Historical Links
· Trade, Direct Investment and Joint Ventures – the Leadership Challenge
· Organization and Leadership Contrasts: EU and Russia
· The Political and Investment Climate for EU – Russian Business
· The Future of Energy and Resources as Building Block for EU – Russian Business
· The Future of Science and Technology and its Effects on EU – Russian Business
· What Leadership and Management Skills are Needed to Develop EU – Russian Business
The conference will feature a number of respected speakers from business and politics and experts on leadership, who will share their views on the conference themes with the conference participants.
Additional information about the conference, including agenda, brochure and application form, is available here.