France has expressed interest in modernizing the electricity distribution network in Serbia, News
Today, the Minister of Mining and Energy, Zorana Mihajlović, talked with the Ambassador of France to Serbia, Pierre Cochard, about the cooperation between the two countries in the modernization of the Serbian energy sector.
Mihajlović pointed out that Serbia is at the beginning of the process of energy transition, which opens new opportunities for cooperation between the two countries and our companies.
– We have adopted a new legislative framework in the field of mining and energy, harmonized with EU regulations, which includes the Law on the Use of Renewable Energy Sources, and prepared a new investment plan worth 17 billion euros, focusing on projects in the field of green energy – it is stated in a statement published on the Government’s website.
– Also, we have started drafting the most important strategic documents – new energy development strategies and integrated national plan for climate and energy, because Serbia expects big changes in the energy mix in order to preserve energy stability in the coming decades – said Mihajlović.
The meeting also discussed cooperation on projects in the field of modernization of the transmission and distribution network, as well as opportunities for the exchange of experiences in the field of fair transition in the mining sector.
Cochard said that the opening of Cluster 4, which includes the energy sector and the Green Agenda, is a good signal for Serbia’s European integration and will open new opportunities for cooperation between the two countries in these areas, eKapija reports.
- November 30, 2022 Serbia, A large number of good managers know what should be done with energy company EPS
- November 30, 2022 Serbia, The Goša factory has started producing wagons again
- November 30, 2022 Banks in Serbia finished the first half of the year with results that their shareholders and managers could only wish for