German companies open 31,000 job positions in Serbia – EUR 1.6 billion invested, News
The Ambassador of Germany to Serbia, Axel Dittmann, stated on Wednesday, August 3, that the country had invested EUR 1.6 billion in Serbia and that German companies had opened 31,000 job positions.
– Through various projects and a good and close cooperation with Germany, 350 German companies have come to Serbia so far, which have opened 31,000 job positions – Dittmann said during his visit to Hemofarm in Sabac, a member of STADA Group.
According to him, a part of the German investments in Serbia of EUR 1.6 billion has been invested in projects related to heating plants, water management, infrastructure and education.
The mayor of Sabac, Nebojsa Zelenovic, said that the city was the “right place” for German investors.
– It is very important for the city to be visited by European diplomats and see what opportunities it offers. Sabac is the best place for investments in Serbia, not just because NALED claims so, but also because we have decidedly chosen the road to the EU as a city and a region. Our work zone is a good place for investors, and our companies make good partners – Zelenovic pointed out.
The director of the Sabac branch of Hemofarm, Dragan Tosic, said that the company had existed for 56 years and that for the past ten years it had been a member of STADA Group.
– These ten years have been marked by the intensity of changes, great investments of EUR 200 million and employee education, thanks to which the company currently operates in 38 countries in three continents. We have 357 employees and 76% of our production is exported to foreign markets – Tosic said.
He added that the Sabac branch of Hemofarm had commissioned the waste water treatment facility the previous year, worth EUR 1.2 million, and that the annual investment plan of EUR 4.5 million had been defined for 2016.
- May 11, 2023 Mining Industry, Science and Communications, bridging the gaps
- May 11, 2023 Communicating Energy, new tech industries communications
- May 9, 2023 Serbia economy briefing: Transformation of “Elektroprivreda Srbija”
- April 24, 2023 Without sustainable mining, there is no renewable future
- March 25, 2023 Europe revives mining to reduce dependence on the import of key raw materials, the advantages of Serbia as materials supplier
- March 8, 2023 Calcium Carbonate Industry, Reshaping the Market Growth, Serbian supplier to match European industrial demand
- February 28, 2023 Serbian exploitation miner Belkalhan could become EU primary supplier of Graphite critical raw material
- February 28, 2023 Calcite/calcium carbonate premium quality supplier from Serbia opening supply contracts for 24,25, pharmaceutical/chemical/food processing industry opportunity for JV
- February 16, 2023 Serbian Belkalhan calcite & graphite mining developer invites JV partners for joint critical raw materials exploitation
- February 15, 2023 Petroprocess to modernize EPS power plant CEMS system with state of the art equipment
- May 27, 2023 Serbia, Demand for loans was reduced in the first quarter of this year
- May 26, 2023 Serbia, Zijin Group and the port of Bar in cooperation through the transport of copper
- May 26, 2023 Serbian friendship with Qatar will continue through new ICT projects